Join us for a series of four learning labs dedicated to the work of members directly representing land users! What’s special about these organisations? What are their challenges and success stories? How do they contribute to the achievements of the network and how the network best can support their work?
24, 25, 26 & 27 MAY 2021 | 3PM CEST
WITH SPANISH AND FRENCH TRANSLATION
Over 100 ILC members are organisations that represent 56+ thousand communities and more than 71 million people around the globe. They directly represent and are accountable to land users, whether it is at local level as small grassroots, or at a bigger scale as regional farmers federations. These organisations are at the heart of ILC mission.
Each day you will learn from the experience of different people working on and for their land rights:
24 May: From Pastoralists to Pastoralists
Moderator: Dinesh Desai, MARAG (India)
- Alhassan Attahiru Jaoji, CORET PASTORALIST (Nigeria)
- Elvira Maratova, KYRGYZ JAYITY (Kyrgyzstan)
- Said Fagouris, PASTO-ARABIC (Jordan)
- Marité Alvarez, REDES CHACO (Argentina)
25 May: From Women to Women
Opening/Closing: Paine Mako, UCRT (Tanzania)
Moderator: Winny Chepkemoi, KLA (Kenya)
- Ms. Caroline Kayanja, UCOBAC (Uganda)
- Pallavi Sobti Rajpal, WGWLO (India)
- Kesjana Merdini, NFCFPA (Albania)
- Haydee Rodriguez, LAS BRUMAS (Nicaragua)
26 May: From Young Farmers to Young Farmers
Opening/Closing: Leira Vay, CODECA (Guatemala)
Moderator: Myline Macabuhay, AFA (Philippines)
- KPA (Indonesia)
- Edvin Sánchez Cabrera, CODECA (Guatemala)
- Donato De Marco, LENTAMENTE (Italy)
- ROPPA (West Africa)
27 May: From Indigenous People to Indigenous People
Moderator: Amina Amharech, AZUL (Morocco)
- Ramu Kaisi Musafiri, PIDP (DRC)
- Mbarki Lahoucine, AZUL (Morocco)
- Antonia Benito, RJI (Bolivia)
- Pallab Chakma, KAPAEENG (Bangladesh)
JOIN "From the voices of land users: their fight for land rights as part of a bigger network"
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Who are the organisations directly representing land users, and what’s special about them?
- What are their main challenges and success stories?
- How do they engage with the Coalition and contribute to its achievements?
- How can ILC best support their efforts to secure their rights to land, territories and natural resources?
THIS LAB IS FOR
ILC members and non-members, especially those representing directly land users; partners, NGOs and INGOs that support the work of these organisations.