LEARN FROM THE ASIA LAND FORUM 2020! WATCH THE SESSION AGAIN AND DOWNLOAD ALL THE RESOURCES
ILC Asia assists its members to build strategic and transformative programmes and provides seed support to CSO members led platforms for strategy implementation. Currently ILC Asia supports 8 national multi-stakeholder platforms at national level (National Engagement Strategies, NES).
These platforms promote people-centered land governance, with a thematic focus on 4 major areas: (i) Land and agrarian reform (ii) Forest and Indigenous Peoples rights to land (iii) Rangeland and (iv) addressing land-grabbing and land-related conflicts.
“Involving communities in multi-actor collaboration to advance land governance in Nepal has proven to be the most effective way in our campaign and advocacy." Dharm Raj Joshi, NES Nepal
Further, ILC includes in its membership several intergovernmental organisations working on land governance directly or indirectly, both at the country, sub-regional level, and regional level in Asia. While the technical and financial capacity of these institutions offers great possibilities to contribute to the ILC network efforts in Asia, the potential of these partnerships between ILC IGOs and CSOs members is largely untapped and is yet to be fully explored.
NES platforms take into account a plurality of members and initiatives and offer the possibility of promoting joint interventions to advance land governance at the country level, hence to develop practical collaborations with ILC IGOs and beyond.
LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS!
- Harafik, ILC Asia Programme Officer - LandCollaborative and Convergent Group: Initiatives to Facilitate Partnership between ILC’s IGO and CSO members
- Enkh-Amgalan Tseelei, NES Mongolia Facilitator - Strengthening traditional user groups of nomadic herders
- Gun-Uyanga S, IFAD Mongolia - Market and pasture management development project/ additional financing
- Sanatbek Iuldashev, NES Kyrgyzstan Facilitator - Collaboration on sustainable management of forest resources in the context of climate change with FAO
- Dharm Raj Joshi, NES Nepal Facilitator - Collaboration on land reform through context mapping of land and natural resources
- Nathaniel Don Marquez, ANGOC - Challenges & recommendations for potential engagement between NES Philippines and the World Bank in relation to the Support to Parcelization of Lands for Individual Titling (SPLIT) Project
- Maria Theresa G. Quinones, Senior Rural Development Specialist and Co-Task Team Leader for SPLIT Project - Support to Parcelization of Lands for Individual Titling (SPLIT) Project
DOWNLOAD ALL THE PRESENTATIONS AND RESOURCES FROM THIS FOLDER
learn more from the Asia land forum 2020
[ASIA LAND FORUM 2020] UNDERSTANDING THE NEW WAVE OF LAND GRABBING IN ASIA AND ITS IMPACT ON SECURING LAND RIGHTS FOR SMALLHOLDER FARMERS
8 Octubre 2020Lea Más