Strengthen the skills you need to work with others to tackle injustice. Learn what drives positive social change in your role as a changemaker.
If we want to make lasting social and political change we must understand power dynamics, systems and influencing strategies that can shift the status quo. This course will help you understand the context of the issues you’re passionate about and your existing sources of power and influence. You’ll be guided by examples of successful international movements and community action, and connect with changemakers worldwide. Ultimately, you’ll finish this course with the skills you need to spot and act upon opportunities, and contribute to the change you want to see in your community and the world.
WHEN: SELF-PACED, DIFFERENT STARTING DATES
DURATION: 8 WEEKS
learn more and apply!
WHAT TOPICS WILL YOU COVER?
- Week 1 - What kind of change are we talking about, understanding change, changemakers and their stories, and different forms of change.
- Week 2 - Understanding the context of change, looking at what context is, and the change you would like to see.
- Week 3 - Taking a power and systems approach, defining power, the tools for analysing power, and understanding systems.
- Week 4 - The power of collective action, working in partnership with others, and what drives a changemaker.
- Week 5 - Spheres of influence, understanding influence, and where the power lies.
- Week 6 - Developing strong stories for change, influencing strategies, and developing messages.
- Week 7 - Taking action to make change happen, strategy and tactics, developing your action plan, and the steps to implement your plan.
- Week 8 - Tackling challenges and taking your next steps, reflecting on change, overcoming challenges, and staying inspired and focused.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is aimed at activists and change agents with a personal or professional interest in how change happens, and who want to be more effective at delivering change for good.