26 OCTOBER 2020 | 2-3 PM CET
All the UN member states have committed to achieve the Sustainable Development Targets by 2030. However, there is a clear gap between what is being committed and the delivery of the commitments. For example, in 2020 National Voluntary Reports only seven countries reported on specific land targets. No country reported on the all three key land targets. The gap prevails based on many reasons ranging from lack of political will to resources including technical capacity.
In 2020, the SDG Land Momentum Group, consisting of CSOs and UN agencies, developed a methodology to assist governments and CSOs to report on key land targets of the SDGs. The webinar will introduce this methodology to members of government/public officials who are interested in learning how to report covering which data to use. The introductory webinar will be followed by a technical training in December for those who are interested in reporting in 2021.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The outline of the methodology developed by the SDG Land Momentum Group on how to report on the land targets of the Sustainable Development Goals
- The availability of detailed technical trainings on the methodology and how to access them
- The support that the SDG Land Momentum Group could extend to those who are interested in reporting in 2021
MEET THE PANEL
- Rukshana Nanayakkara, Global Policy and Advocacy Expert, ILC: "Introductory remarks"
- Diana Fletschner, Senior Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Landesa: "Introducing the methodology"
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR
Member states, public officials from national statistical commissions.
JOIN THE WEBINAR!