All the UN member states have committed to achieve the Sustainable Development Targets by 2030. However, there is a clear gap between what is being committed and the delivery of the commitments. For example, in 2020 SDG Voluntary National Reports only seven countries reported on specific land targets. No country reported on the all three key land targets. The gap prevails based on many reasons ranging from lack of political will to resources including technical capacity. In 2020, the SDG Land Momentum Group, consisting of CSOs and UN agencies, developed a methodology to assist governments and CSOs to report on key land targets of the SDGs.
The webinar introduced this methodology to members of civil society organisations interested in learning how to report, covering which data to use. The introductory webinar will be followed by a technical training in December for those who are interested in reporting in 2021.
WATCH THE WEBINAR
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The outline of the methodology developed by the SDG Land Momentum Group on how to report on the land targets of the Sustainable Development Goals
- The availability of detailed technical trainings on the methodology and how to access them
- The support that the SDG Land Momentum Group could extend to those who are interested in reporting in 2021
MEET THE PANEL AND GET IN TOUCH
- Rukshana Nanayakkara, Global Policy and Advocacy Expert, ILC | email@example.com
- Diana Fletschner, Senior Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Landesa | DianaF@landesa.org
Download the presentation
Advancing Land Rights Using the SDGs
Presentation by Diana Fletschner
REPORTING TEMPLATE FOR CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANISATIONS
This survey is aimed at civil society organizations that want to advance their work by leveraging the land-related SDG commitments, especially SDG 1.4 on poverty, including ownership and control of land, SDG 2.3 on food security, including enhancing the productivity of small holders, SDG 5.a on gender equality, including gender equality in land rights and SDG 15.3 on environmental protection, including combatting desertification and land degradation. This survey is facilitated by Landesa and the Land Portal Foundation in partnership with the SDG Land Momentum Group.
SDG reporting template for CSO
HOW TO REPORT ON SDG LAND TARGETS IN 2021: INTRODUCTORY SESSION FOR GOVERNMENT PARTNERS
26 Octobre 2020En savoir plus
LAND IN THE SDG : WHY REPORTING MATTERS AND HOW CIVIL SOCIETY CAN GET INVOLVED
29 Avril 2020En savoir plus