In pursuit of a vision of a world in which everyone enjoys secure land rights, GLTN partners facilitated by UN-Habitat have since 2006 worked together to develop and implement inclusive, fit-for-purpose and gender-responsive land tools to improve living conditions for all, prioritizing women, youth and vulnerable groups in both urban and rural settings.
GLTN set of 26 land tools addresses five thematic areas of work and eight cross-cutting issues. One of these tools focuses specifically on gender and land, viz. the Gender Evaluation Criteria, which is presented here.
ESTIMATED COURSE DURATION
Approximately 2-3 hours
Learn more about Gender Evaluation Criteria and explore additional resources
MODULE 1 - BUILDING A COMMON UNDERSTANDING
- What is the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN)
- Why focus on Gender and Land to ensure an equitable approach
- What are the helpful key concepts and definitions in Land
- Why and how does GLTN work on Gender and Land
MODULE 2 - WHAT IS GEC?
- Why focus on Gender and Land?
- What are the Gender Evaluation Criteria?
- How is the Matrix composed?
- Why the GEC is important and how it works
- Evidence of the usefulness of the GEC
MODULE 3 - PREPARE AND PLAN FOR EVALUATING LAND TOOLS FOR GENDER EQUALITY
- What Land Tool shall be evaluated?
- Where is the evaluation taking place (country context) ?
- Who are the Stakeholders?
- How to prepare and get ready for the evaluation process
MODULE 4 - CARRY OUT LAND EVALUATION FOR GENDER EQUALITY
- How to validate the evaluation findings
- How to score the criteria which is a 5-step process
- How to write an evaluation report
concepts, outils et pratiques innovants en matière de gouvernance foncière
22 Mars 2020En savoir plus