This toolkit gathers together information on 10 tools that have been successfully used by members of the International Land Coalition (ILC) to promote, protect, and strengthen the land rights of Indigenous Peoples and local communities. It is intended to facilitate mutual learning based on the good practices of specific ILC members.
DOWLOAD IlC Toolkit #5
1) COMMUNITY-BASED NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (CBNRM) OF THE PASTURELANDS
2) JOINT VILLAGE LAND USE PLANNING
3) STRATEGIES FOR FAIR RECOGNITION OF CUSTOMARY LAND TENURE AND LAND USE SYSTEMS BY GOVERNMENT AND PRIVATE INVESTORS
4) PAYMENT FOR ECOSYSTEM SERVICES
5) STRATEGIES FOR CONFLICT RESOLUTION BETWEEN INDIGENOUS PEOPLES AND CRIOLLO PEASANTS
6) MECHANISM FOR INCLUSIVE AND ACCOUNTABLE LOCAL LAND GOVERNANCE
7) PARTICIPATORY MAPPING FOR CUSTOMARY FOREST USE
8) PARTICIPATORY LAND REGULARISATION PROCESS STARTING WITH AN AGREEMENT WITHIN THE COMMUNITY
9) 3D PARTICIPATORY MAPPING
10) IMPLEMENTING FREE, PRIOR AND INFORMED CONSENT
how to use the toolkit?
Each section describes the characteristics of the tool: its goal, actors involved, the ILC members that have used it, the expected outcomes of the tool’s use, and a step-by- step practical guide to implementation. The stories at the end of each section summarise aspects of good practice connected with the tool’s use by one or more ILC members and partners. Tools can be adapted to different contexts or needs. By using the available links, it is possible to access more information about each tool and to get in touch with ILC members that have used it.
ILC Toolkit #2 : Strong Small-Scale Farming Systems
6 Junio 2019Lea Más
ILC Toolkit #5: Indigenous Peoples and communities land rights
26 Abril 2018Lea Más
ILC Toolkit #8: transparent and accessible information
25 Marzo 2020Lea Más
ILC Toolkit # 9: Effective Actions Against Land Grabbing
23 Julio 2019Lea Más