This webinar offered an introduction to the LANDex tool and an overview on how to implement it at the national level, according to organization priorities and capacities. It showed how LANDex can be used to monitor the VGGTs, SDGs, with concrete results and sample products and outputs from countries that have implemented LANDex.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How LANDex works
- How to implement LANDex in your country
- How to Use LANDex results, including for SDG Reporting
MEET THE PANEL
- Ward Anseeuw - Knowledge, Learning and Innovation Manager, ILC: "An overview of LANDex and the role of people-centered land monitoring in the democratization of data"
- Eva Hershaw - Land Monitoring and Data Specialist, ILC: "Introduction to LANDex indicators, methodologies and data collection: how does the tool work?"
- Dharm Raj Joshi - NES Nepal, CSRC: "Mobilizing LANDex in National and Global Policy Spaces, SDG Shadow Report"
- Odnoo Odonchimeg - MLMA: "LANDex in Mongolia: Implementation and Results"
LANDEX, THE PEOPLE-CENTRED LAND GOVERNANCE MONITORING TOOL
LANDex is a global land index that puts people at the centre of land data, democratising land monitoring and building a data ecosystem where all voices can be heard. Built in consultation with members and strategic partners of ILC Based on common indicators and methodologies, LANDex gives priority to people-centred data, giving a platform to the individuals and communities often absent in official numbers.
Download the presentation of Eva Hershaw's outlining the main LANDex indicators, methodology and outputs.
How to Generate People-Centred Data and Report on the SDGs
LANDEX IN NEPAL
Take a look at Nepal's country page, score and country profile.
Read how the LANDex team in Nepal managed to attract the interest of government's representatives.
Download the presentation of Dharm Rai Joshi on the use of LANDex in SDG reporting in Nepal.
LANDEX REPORTING ON THE SDG
An example from Nepal
LANDEX IN MONGOLIA
Read more about the LANDex training organized in Mongolia in collaboration with ILC and JASIL in May 2019.
Download the presentation of Odnoo Odonchimeg describing how LANDex was implemented in Mongolia and its first results.
LANDEX IN MONGOLIA
Do you plan to implement LANDex in your country? Do you have any specific question? Please feel free to get in touch with Eva Hershaw at firstname.lastname@example.org