December 1 | 4-5 pm CET | ENGLISH-SPANISH
Following the launch of the ILC Land Inequality Synthesis Report and associated papers, a series of webinars in English, French and Spanish will take you through the key messages and findings deriving from the research. Invited speakers are selected among the authors of the released studies and other experts on land inequality.
Land inequality manifests itself in numerous ways, whether social, economic, political, environmental, or territorial. Most of these manifestations are inter-related and influence one another, resulting in the major global crises and trends that we see today.
This webinar highlights the centrality of land inequality with respect to other forms of inequality, particularly economic inequality (as highlighted by the case of financial funds in Brazil and of bimodal agriculture in Colombia), gender inequality, and skewed labour relations (as shown by the case of Peru).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Why land inequality is central to other forms of inequality and global crises
- How land inequality connects with gender inequality
- How land inequality manifests in Brazil, Colombia and Peru
MEET THE PANEL
Moderator: Ward Anseeuw, Senior Technical Specialist, ILC/CIRAD
- Giulia Baldinelli, Knowledge Management and Research, ILC
- Karina Kato, Researchers, GEMAP
- Olga Elena Jaramillo and Natalia Espinosa, Researchers, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Elisa Scalise, Managing Director and Gender and Land Tenure Lawyer, Resource Equity
- Ana Lucía Araujo, Researcher, PUCP/CEPES
Join “How land inequality manifests and why it is essential to address it” on December 1
READ THE REPORT "UNEVEN GROUND: LAND INEQUALITY AT THE HEART OF UNEQUAL SOCIETIES"