June 03, 2020 | 15:30 -16:30 (CEST)
Supporting the struggles of local land-users and communities to own, control and manage their land and natural resources is a long-term effort. It is complex, challenging and takes time.COVID19 has severely disrupted these efforts around the world, and the experiences of ILC members have already shown that the current crisis has a direct impact on land rights.Protecting land rights should be a part of the urgent task of mitigating the crisis and aiding the immediate recovery.Join us and some very special guest speakers who will take us through what ‘building back better’ looks like, by keeping land rights at the centre of the global discourse.
join the webinar!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- The role of land rights in RECOVERY from the current crisis
- The role of land rights in building RESILIENCE to future crises
- How the land community could contribute to ‘building back better’ for a more SUSTAINABLE future?
Special guest: David Nabarro - WHO, Special Envoy on COVID19
Moderator: Marcella Villarreal - Director of Partnerships, Advocacy and Capacity Development, FAO
- Joan Carling - Co-convenor - Indigenous Peoples Major Group for Sustainable Development, Philippines
- Selmira Flores - Research Programme Director, Nitlapan, Nicaragua
- Chris Penrose Buckley - Senior Land Policy Lead, DFID
- Paul Winters - Associate Vice-President, IFAD
THIS WEBINAR IS FOR:
- land rights practitioners