DECEMBER 3 | 4-5.30 pm CET | ENGLISH-SPANISH-FRENCH
Following the launch of the ILC Land Inequality Synthesis Report and associated papers, a series of webinars in English, French and Spanish will take you through the key messages and findings deriving from the research. Invited speakers are selected among the authors of the released studies and other experts on land inequality.
The Land Inequality Initiative has analysed, based on good practice, possible policies and measures to address land inequality. There is no “one size fits all” solution. However, it is possible to identify some, to build on and adapt to specific contexts, regions, or countries, while noting that the land sector is in constant transformation.
This webinar analyses some of these measures and approaches - including land market regulations, agrarian reform and land distribution, land taxes, investors’ accountability, inclusive food chains, collective action and agroecology – with particular focus on their application in specific historical moments and contexts. It also discusses the way forward of the fight against land inequality – now that we know that land inequality is there and is rising, what to do to challenge it?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What policies and measures have proved useful to address land inequality so far?
- What can we learn from existing good practices?
- Based on the ‘solutions’ identified by the research, what should be the next steps of the Land Inequality Initiative?
MEET THE PANEL
Moderator: Barbara Codispoti, Global Land Programme Lead, Oxfam Novib
- Michel Merlet, Director, AGTER
- Melissa Ramos, Researcher, SIPAE
- Deborah Itriago, Independent researcher
- Trent Blare, Scientist at ICRAF and Professor at the University of Florida
- Truong Quoc Can, Director, CISDOMA
- Samuel Nguiffo, Secretary General, CED
Join “Addressing land inequality: what next?” on December 3
read the report "Uneven ground: land inequality at the heart of unequal societies"